Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Goodbye, already ?

Thanks to an early night lastnight, myself and Pip were able to have an early wander around Leam town centre in the lovely warm sun before she set off back to Newcastle for around 14:30. We popped into Fat Face again, while Pippa looked at the sales gear yet again, and I picked up two pairs of fat face socks for 3 quid - fantastic! I bought the new Supergrass album, however on attempting to play it, it appears that the surface is knackered due to it being cut incorrectly - so need to take that back in.
We ended up in the Slug and Lettuce for some early lunch, which was nice - able to chill while reading the morning papers while sipping coca cola (tm). While waiting for food, I had a nice call from work, with a few issues, so talked to my deputy about that, then told him I would call him when I got back home and set Pippa on the train.
We returned back to my flat, while Pippa decided to rearrange more glasses, hide cups and put random stuff where the cups and glasses were - I've still lost half of my plates - god knows where they are. She continued to talk to the ducks, wave at the barges and want to pick up the swans (until they started kissing and she ran off) - then pottered down to the station to send her on her way.
A nice long weekend of relaxing and chilling - its strange, I've kept in touch with people who want to keep in touch and vice versa - many people have lost contact for one reason or another. Who knows what the future brings with friends, its a strange old system, but I really do hope Pippa does go back not taking any notice of what Rich told her. She also left the 1664 Blanc glass behind - and all that effort to steal it from Satchwells - lovely!

No comments: