Monday, June 27, 2005

Why Why Why !!!!

Monday night was the Emerald Apt Greek BBQ night - part of this included a Karaoke show.
They have a karaoke night during the week, where they let the kids get up and sing their songs, however this was a little more pressured. We had our food, which was lush - all Greek style BBQ - with Lamb, etc - which filled us up. To drink we were buying bottles of white wine and downing them pretty quickly and we laughed when they Greek dude who arranged the music got on the stage and starting singing pretty badly. Then he points to me, stating that I would be next, and with the shock, we all arranged to drink up and head down the local boozer to escape - the rest fearing that even if I went up - the rest would be forced into it later on. The bloke came over and took me by the shoulders - one of the lads, Chris (looks like Freddie Starr) agreed that if we all went up together, that would be the end of the story.
Tom Jone's "Delilah" was the Greek dudes choice - we didnt even get the option!! After a number of bottles, we found this pretty funny and we could all barely speak ... anyhow, I said I would do the "My My My" & "Why Why Why" section - which I do feel I managed pretty well - still bricking my pants like. I also managed to get the "Forgive me Delilah I just couldn't take any moooooooooooore" bit at the end sorted pretty well *.
After this sham, Chris got into the mood and wanted more more more singing, my heart still pounding after the last one, I refused and got stuck into another bottle of wine. We all thought we were safe, only to be tapped on the shoulder by the Greek dude and a crowd of 8 year old girls who wanted to sing "American Pie" and wanted me, Chris and Barry to get up and help them. We done pretty well, again, until Chris who was in front of us, started to privately moon us by pulling his shorts down to us three lads in the back row. Forgetting we had microphones, I accidently shouted "Fucking Hell, look at the state of his arse" - to which, I recieved evils from some very protective mothers!
We vowed never to sing in public again!!

No comments: