Thursday, January 19, 2006

Stressfree football

Normally when you play football, you try putting all kinds of misery out of your mind - or it reflects in your game. This was true for last thursdays sham of a thursday 2 hour lunch football session, when I let work get in the way of my game - missing the target 20 times - so I was eager to put my shamtastic football to one side for a couple of days.

I've been swimming a bit this week and I could feel the way my running was improved, able to keep up with people and in fact, for the first time in a long time, able to beat people - yay! I managed to score a left footer lastnight, even tho, I have to admit, I thought I scuffed the ball and put it wide - but hey, as my old man told me - "Son, they all count".

Today was revenge day, I missed so many last week, I had to borrow hands to count them on - and feeling a bit bloated from a 12" pizza at 23:00 lastnight I expected a repeat performance was on the cards - however, nope, managed to score about 5, setting up 2 - and yet we still lost! Felt like I worked my socks off (just as well I bought a new pair at the weekend) and came out feeling great - got back home, made a drink of water - only to find out I had to be on 2 conf calls between 2 and 4 - yay, sitting in sweaty gear for me.

No comments: