Saturday, January 21, 2006

Film 2006

I have a reputation for avoiding scary / horror / thriller films - just dont like them at all, and its just not the fact that my finger nails are embedded into the nearest chair for 90 mins, its the fact it embeds into my head and continues to scare the crap out of me. Needless to say, I avoid these type of films, and stick with comedy and action films - just on the off chance I watch something creepy and dont sleep for a week - and in all honesty, the scariest movie that I've bought for my collection is Men in Black, or something strange like that.

I bought War of the Worlds, mainly because it looked pretty good, and something that I've been after for a while, one way or another, so on my Happy Friday In (In is the new Out, divvent ya knar) I settled down with some Tetley and switched the lights off.

I know the film isnt supposed to be scary and probably due to my current state of constant paranoia - well - and the flow of alcohol, I slowly and surely started to brick my pants. Personally I thought it was a good film, good special effects and decent acting - and no Debbie, I didnt cry at the end! I dont know how the son managed to get to Boston at the end - which was a bit of mystery to me.

Needless to say, I mentioned that it wasnt just a normal film to Rich and got back, "State of you" - so I've decided to keep my experiences skin deep, to avoid embarresment and any further piss take. Anyhooooo - good film, easy watching, still pants bricking tho.

No comments: