Thursday, January 12, 2006

Holland & Football - normally linked - not today

I had an email from my boss's boss asking if I could help some point out in Holland - running around like a headless chicken trying to get ready for Thursdays Work/Life Balance 5aside - it didnt really help my cause. Apparently they had some massive issues which they asked for help - and I said I could help in PD - but also get one of my guys to assist if need be. Before I know it - some Dutch dude is phoning me up asking me to travel to Holland to assist - er aye! Steady there skipper!

I turned up for football, where we had one man advantage and we played half pitch - which personally I think its a bit poor, but hey - less to run. I knew things were starting to go badly when I tried to chip the last man and ended up missing pretty badly. The general jist of this story is - insert 50 mins and 20 shots on target, with no goals, and alot of banter from the opposition. Normally I would have got at least 3 or 4 of them on a good day - however their keeper was in complete form - at which point, I was 1-on-1 with the keeper, I hit the ball, the ball deflected off the keeper back to myself - and again, and again - missed.

We got hammered, completely hammered and when I got back to my place to continue working - I had an instant message from the guy who arranges Thursday football saying, "One of the attendants felt sorry for the one who missed all the goals - they give us discount" - cheeky little sod. Need to get fitter again, starting with swimming on Friday after work, with Debbie!

No comments: