Sunday, January 08, 2006

Moment of Bright madness

I've had a couple of light bulbs that have litterally blown up - leaving part of the bulb ( the metal bit ) inside the light fitting. Its been like this for a couple of weeks, and I decided to do something about it, well, when I came across the spare bulbs in the cupboard anyhow. I done the sensible thing and turned the lights off, and had a good look inside the fitting and tried turning the bits that were left over.


I have to say, in a moment of stupidness, it looked safe and decided to try turning the remaining bulb while the light was on - thinking nothing would happen, well, til *BANG* - plunged in complete darkness with only a massive bright light around my thumb. My first thought was feck, what have I done, the next bit was, what do I do ? do I earth myself? do I run my thumb under a tap?


Luckily, due to the fuse and wiring of the flat, it had done the tripswitch in - stopping me from doing any further harm.

Light still not fixed - thumb throbbing slightly!

No comments: