Saturday, April 09, 2005

We're all going on a summer holiday *

I woke up a little refreshed today, decided I was gonna book a nice summer holiday, so made the effort of going into the travel agents. I'm not embarresed about going on my way, but dont really like the idea of having to book it and having women stare at me, like I'm odd. So I kinda hovered around the door for a while, then wandered off to buy some new trainers - which to be fair are pretty nice. After a little more window shopping (well, you know, I wasnt looking to buy a window, but it looked nice) I popped back in to be greeted by a smilie friendly assistant. This didnt last long as she then told me sarcastically to "sit down young man" and CYPRUS - "YOU WILL GO THERE - ITS GREAT - RIGHT!!!!?!" Thankfully Captain Rich walked in who was taken back when she threated to ban him from the shop - to which, myself and Rich were pretty sarcy towards her back. She was nice, attractive, and slightly on edge - well, way over that edge. I took away a couple of leaflets, and the ones she ripped out of the "local only mag" without booking anything.
Being in shock at that point, I suggested we went for a medicinal beverage - to which we had a few (3 or 4) and I had a spot for food. John O arrived with a glee in his eye and joined in - and we laughed when his horse in the national was knocked over by a stray horse when he was on course to winning 200 notes. His fake smile lasted for about 3 nanoseconds, but me and Rich continued and decided to leave the conversation alone when John was a little angry with red swirly eyes. Rich once again made his excuses and wanted to avoid any all day session (it was around 5.45 by then) so myself and John O went to the Well for more beverage. We bumped into a few people I knew, one of which got dumped by a boyfriend, so we bought her some drinks to cheer her up and got introduced by some 18 year old lass. Quite attractive, so nervous, so nervous in fact, she talked so fast so we couldnt understand - thus forcing us to change the conversation 102 times. This was the general theme til about 12:30 when we were told to leave the pub as they were closing early due to a flood. John O was so out of it, that he followed me towards my house, then complained because it wasnt where he lived - like it was my fault!

No comments: