Sunday, April 10, 2005

Football is a game of 2 half pints

Rich was kind enough to invite me around to his gaff to watch the weekend - Spurs v Newcastle. Earlier last month, Newcastle beat (or as some greasy haired tap up idiots like to say "won") Spurs 1-0 in the FA Cup to reach the Semi's. My sister is a spurs fan, so we always have a little bit of family banter. Anyhoo, after Newcastle gifted Spurs a goal, we eventually lost, yet again - much to my humour, so I took it out of Rich's nice new PSP and didnt do very well at that. He decided that we went out for a couple of jars to relax on a Sunday night, so we opted for TJs - a nice bar and bistro down the road from me.
After sinking a couple of pints of Stella and reading the sunday papers, I recieved a couple of text messages from a nameless source - and now have resolved the matter and wont hear from her again. Along time coming, but when you care about someone like I did, you always wish there to be a small chance - even tho small it could have been. Anyhoo, I basically told it how it was - ALL or NOTHING - she opted for NOTHING - leaving me to get on with my life - which is cool - just annoying and frustrating.
To perk me up a little - we ventured to Viali's (C) for chips and pitta bread - where I was nearly sick. Roll on Monday!

No comments: