Sunday, March 27, 2005

Responsible Drinking :: The Way Forward

After thursday night's Mirage-fest and Saturday's Football related drinking banter, I decided that cutting down on drink was probably a best way to head. Needless to say, I ended up at the pub quiz with Captain Boots (Heir Rich was up at Chesterfield shamming about) and had a couple of drinks. There was some bouncer who turned up 3 hours earlier for his shift, so due to the fact it was only me and Boots on the team, we allowed him to join us. There were about 12 teams and we came about half way - which isnt bad for someone over the hill like me, and someone like boots. The lovely Jess was there - looking very stunning, but due to being nervous, I blushed a number of times and hid in a corner and was shy.
Anyhoo, after the quiz, we listened to some music, I got a little more drunk, used a toilet seat as a guitar (dont ask), discussed the finer matters of German Mathematics using Quantum Theories, then last orders was called. Using the top quality Well Drinking pass, we sweettalked Andy into letting us stay (Nice chap Andy, heated up Hot Cross Buns for everyone) and had a couple more beers. We eventually got kicked out of the Well around 2ish (I'm assuming), so made the suggest that we got some more beers and drank them somewhere. To which we ended up at the Bandstand (like Chavs) drinking Stella til 4 in the morning with Boots, Pete from the Well, and Jules (Barkeep) discussing what our piss sounds like (Mines like a hurd of Elephants - So I was told).
While we were at the Bandstand ;
  • I chased after a milkfloat
  • Boots chased after rabbits
  • Pete talked about his sister
  • Jules talked about his sister
  • We talked about easter and how it means so much to us all
I cant remember getting home, nor do I remember if I was walking back with Captain Pete (I found out on Wednesday I did) - but must have been in a decent state, coz I wasnt sick, nor were the doors unlocked

No comments: