Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Beckham Scoring at St James Park - mmm

After the joys of Sunday Night / Monday morning - and not getting up til 3pm still feeling drunk, I decided to lay off the beer for a couple of days. Well, it wasnt a case of staying off it - I had too - everything I thought about Stella, Carling, well, anything close to alcohol, my stomach was turning. So a fantastic bank holiday monday well spent - not so much was the paranoia which then hit me when I went to bed, basically slept for 3 hours and heard everything that ticked, tweaked and rattled during the night.
Yesterday (Tuesday), Debbie, invited me out for lunch to cheer me up (I had Tuesday off as well, wasnt skiving!) so we ventured into the Hogs Head in Leamington and had Hot Beef Sandwich and gravy - mmm, very nice, as too was the sexy barmaid who served us. Sadly everytime I tried to help her out (typical Steve) I ended up dropping things and was a little bit of a sham. Needless to say, I ended walking out bright red face and no pride inplace. We wandered around town and done some window shopping, even this tired out poor little debbie's legs, however she got revenge by taking me to the underwear department of House of Frazers. Yeah, coz that works "oh no Debbie, dont make me look at that underwear and those attractive sales assistants." and "Please, oh please, can we go Debbie, my eyes burn". Anyhow, we worked out that the 1st floor women's department are for either very very small people, bag ladies or women who have very fine taste in underwear (not that I looked *). Tip to women ... (and I know I go on about it all the time) French Knickers - so much more tasteful than thongs - trust me - I know
Anyhow...
What do you need in a week where you dont want to drink - England International. As you may or may not know, we have 5aside at St Nicks Park on Wednesdays, so quite merrily got the bus into the outskirts of Warwick - walked 25 mins towards the park in the light rain, got changed, only to find that 3 other people could be bothered to turn up. We managed to scram enough people together for a 3v4 game and finished at 6.55 and got a lift to the station. I got back with plenty time to hand, until Kerri (lovely lass from upstairs) spoke to me in the street (its chucking it down at this point) about a few damp areas that we've created between the two of us. Insert 25 mins talking about random stuff and I was late, quick shower, change and I was down the Well to watch a dull and drab game of football being hosted at the hub of english football, St James Park *. After 4 pints of water and a pint of diet coke, I managed (after some arm twisting by Captain John O) to force a pint of guiness down my neck, followed by another - then a pint of Stella. Following chips in Pitta bread, what else do you need ? (apart from a new stomach)

No comments: