Saturday, March 26, 2005

England 4 - N Ireland 0 - Steve's Pint Consumption - Lots

After a quiet night in, I got a text message from an old friend (well, technically he's young) who we used to do the quiz with. Boots, kindly suggested popping down to the Well for a couple of quiet beverages and watch the England International, of which I got very confused because I thought it was kick off at 4 - when it wasnt - so rushed around at the last minute to get my stuff sorted. Anyhoo, I got there with about 2 mins on the clock, got the round in and caught up on any gossip that was going on. This theme carried on quite alot, til around 6:45 when I asked if they were putting the new fab Dr Who episode on the big screen - to which they said they would. I've always been a massive Whovian, ever since being a small kid, much to the delight of Boots and his friend, who just nodded agreed and got worried when I told them I remember the last series (not the shitty Movie sham). Anyhow, just at this point, loads of Chavs walked in and sat right under the screen, and although I wasnt scared - I wanted to watch it in peace - without any abuse - so suggested to Boots and his friend (dont know his name - so we'll call him Donald for simplicity) we watch it back at my place. So, after nearly sprinting back to my place (Warning : maybe a drunken mele) we watched the good Doctor in action with a new twist of "is he near the edge of insanity or just plain crazy" and enjoyed a Stella each. After that, back to the Well for more beverage and met up with the lovely Sam who used to work there - and we enjoyed vast amounts of alcohol, took in a little bit of downstairs rock/metal/indie night before everyone getting kicked out. Of course, the Well afterhours pass had to come out and we ended up there til around 2 ( I'm assuming - I really dont have a clue to be honest) and we hung around outside watching Chavs sitting on bus shelters and throwing pint glasses - so someone called the police. Of which, two police cars came to sort these Chavs, which then started "Steve's rant about the state of the police" and how they can send 2 cars, and 4 police persons for this - yet they failed to send anyone for;
  • 2 x car breakins
  • 1 x car theft
  • 2 x stones being thrown at conservatories and glass being smashed

Anyhow, luckily, due to the effects of alcohol, they couldnt understand what I was saying as I was doing a "Bob"

No comments: