Thursday, March 24, 2005

Hip and Street with the Chavs

A sociable drink with John, Debbie, and some other perfectly respectable chaps and chappesses was what it was all about. After being dropped in the crap by my new boss asking me to stand in for him next week at work, having 3 nanoseconds to eat food, shower and get changed - we wandered down to the town house. Chattering away, Debbie instigated MSN faces - so of course, had to join in the game until I won (again). Anyhow, insert about 3 hours of drinking and playing on Quiz machines, we ended up in Jug and Jester, John coughed and spluttered a little, PFH just wobbled, I grinned loads and Debbie recieved a text message from one of her students. The text basically said come to Mirage and get in for free. FREE!! Thats like a red rag to a bull, so myself and Debbie went for a hip and street boogie. On arriving and asked for some big bouncer and him growling at us (I think Debbie scared him a little) we managed to bypass all security checks and got in for free - it was like being at the Oscars, just without celebs, free flowing champers, and er, the Oscars. Anyhooo, we get inside and its £1 a bottle for carling - Debbie and I just grinned for about 20 mins. We get on the dance floor to be surrounded by Chavs, which is just fantastic! I saw the most amusing sight ever, so funny that I was doubled up on the dance floor laughing at this Chav. This lad (baring in mind my Tap/flirting technique isnt exactly great), walks up to this attractive girl on the dance floor, looks at her (she ignores him) so he kicks her in the shins, she turns to him growls and shouts at him. He then kicks her again, then asks for a dance. Support you had to be there really, but when debbie got back from the bar, she was wondering what was so funny. After another couple of trips to the bar, I was starting to feel a little drunk, so indulged in shouting "Chav" to the words of each song. Debbie didnt really like this and tried to shut me up incase it caused some trouble. Also that night;
  • Headbutted
  • Elbowed
  • Foot (and bad toe) stood on
  • Went to Viali's and talked to someone on tongues - well, he said something, I thought he was asking for a fight, I told him I couldnt be arsed, but could come back tomorrow and we'll sort it out if he really wanted too.
  • Spent 30 mins trying to walk home, getting slower and slower
  • Sang "show me the way to amarilo" lots

No comments: