Monday, March 07, 2005

Potty about Pots, er Clayy about Clay ?

Ever wondered what the North West Scottish coast line and the Jordanian Desert have in common ? No? - well neither did I until I was having a couple of sociable sly beverages on a Sunday in TJs in Leamington Spa. Here, myself and the Captain were talking about the finer things in life, the smell of a 5 year old Cigar, how everything in space comes from nothing and most importantly, Golf - just why? Anyhoo, after looking through the local publication, The Courier, we spotted an old Chum, Andrew Palin ( we knew him before he was famous and was only called Andy ) - we found out that he's having some kind of bash at the Pump Rooms, in Leamington Spa, Wednesday night. He'll be giving a talk about Pottery, TV Ariels, the different textures of material and the process of how he actually produces such a pot - I'm guessing anyhow, other than that, its just an extract from Ghost (the movie, not the spiritual being).
I think it starts around 7ish, but I wouldnt bet on that - tell you what - you could always look at this link and find out yourself, even better, why not turn up and buy a pot and make the man happy

No comments: