Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Football, Football, Football

After a bit of a crap week at work, and very stressful at that, Wednesday marks the return of Steve playing football and running around like a headless chicken for an hour while going bright red. Lush, yes, I havent played for 4 weeks, for one reason or another - so was always going to be a struggle. Now that the IT "fair weather player" Students have turned up again, I wanted to shut one of them up - I never professed to be a great (or even good) player, but I try - and its all about banter and exercise. One of them decided to make it clear that I wasnt very good at all, sadly he was on my team today and I slowly got into the game when I managed to dink a pass behind me to a guy unmarked - even regulars were impressed. Anyhooooo, had a couple of chances - nothing came off tho - nevermind - always next week when I'm more dryer, had some exercise and lost more weight.
Newcastle were also playing in the uefa cup tonight, managed to win 7-1 on aggr - Quarter finals in that Cup, and semi's in the FA Cup - still not looking great tho.
3rd night of not drinking too - impressed ?

No comments: