Sunday, March 06, 2005

1st class stamp, 3rd class service

Its not the first time its happened, and I've kept quiet up til now - well apart from in the pub and its become one of my soap box favs - amongst others. Basically it was my sisters birthday on Tuesday (1st) - so obviously being her fav big brother (and technically her only brother) I've sent her a nice card with a cheque in it. Happily post it on Sunday afternoon befoer I meet the captain down the boozer for a couple of swift ones before the hard working week once again. So, Tuesday turns up (baring in mind, 1st class stamp and at least one day to get around the country) and phone up to wish her a happy birthday - with a little annoyance in my sisters voice I ask whats wrong, "you bloody forgot my birthday havent you bro" - to which I explained that I send the card on Sunday. Anyhoo, its now Saturday (technically sunday) and she's just received the card - how crap is that ?
Another example of this, Pippa - one of my closest friends, had her 30th a couple of days after mine - to which, being a good friend - who she obviously looks up too (only in height) - I sent her a card. This card still hasnt turned up - how gutted am I.
In this situation, how do you get some kind of refund from the post office ? surely if I forked out 2 quid for a card and 30p for a stamp, they should be oblidged to refund me that - shouldnt they ?

No comments: