Sunday, September 19, 2004

Just wasting my time!

Well, a "friend" asked me to help him move today. He used to be co-manager of the Well, one of my fav haunts, and moving over to Coventry to manage the Aardvark. So, after my exhausting couple of weeks, I said I would naturally help, after he's helped me out in the past. Pick him up at 8.45 (on Sunday - is there such a time ?!?) to pick up one of the largest lorries in the world and help him fill it (and unpack it) not once, but twice. Random items include;
  • 4 x sofas
  • 3 x Tvs (one of which the heaviest in the world)
  • 2 x matresses (again, the heaviest in the world)
  • 1 x washing machine (with clothes inside)
  • 1 x fridge freezer (with frozen food inside)
  • 1 x girlfriend
  • 1 x baby
  • 1 x fishing rods

Anyhoo, he kindly bought Burger Kind for "lunch" and a diet pepsi back at the pub, while we watched Newcastle beat Southampton for the first time in 4 billion years (actually 32 years) and, fingers turned to blistering sticks.

After spending nigh on 10 hours with the guy (with Rich's help - and Chris in the morning), he hosted his very last pub quiz at the Well. So what happened, he decides that he's going to reduce our team's score by 5, making us joint first and a play off for the pot of money. Now, what kind of person does that to "friends" ? I may need to seek further advice to resolve this problem. Anyhoo, we ended up coming away with 2 x Euro 2004 etched glasses for our troubles - any my fingers and legs falling off.

No comments: