Saturday, December 18, 2004

mmmm Christmas Punch (part 2)

Strangely feeling OK and working from home, I suggested that Captain Rich & Admiral Bob meet me in the Hogs Head for lunch. To which Rich then arranged some kind of gathering when Captain Blunty and Princess Nomes turned up at 13:15. So we have a couple of pints, spot of food and nomes goes back to work. Things started to flow and I thought I could get used to this, however 2 hours into the session, I got called out with a project I was working on, so went back home, leaving Blunty and Rich to talk about lastnights party. After fixing the problem due to one character being incorrect, I gave Rich a shout to see if he was still in town, to which I recieved slurring, swearing and abuse - told him I would be up in 10 mins.
Once again the beer started to flow, Rich kept repeating the fact that he was drinking through the pain barrier to sober up, grinned for a while and finished his drink. Blunty then makes an exit as he was meeting friends in Kenilworth, so myself and the Captain decided food was in order - Bodrums Fish and Chip shop, where I had the hardest chips in the world, and the Captain had the ropiest looking kebab in the world. Rich was about to head home until I told him that the IT students were having a Xmas do at Yates around the corner. Of course, this was like a kid in a candy shop, we attended, bought beers and took the piss a little more - managing to aquire Santa hats each. We went down to the Well after this, where the IT students left one by one, however before this recieving a call from the lovely Jess asking if I wanted to meet her. So, of course, speechless I met up and we had a swift one in the Jug and had a little chat. Jess said that she was going back to Leeds for a couple of days to get away from the place, and might see me after Xmas. Her mum then came to pick her up, so like a gentleman, I walked her to the car. She did look vr foxy lastnight - sadly not staying any longer - which is a shame coz she is a lovely lass, got alot of time for her - being foxy and clicking with me has nowt to do with it - obviously.
Anyhoo, after most of the students had left, we decided to go for a wander for a change of venue - Kelsey's - a funny place, we were the only ones looking remotely festive, so we supped our pints and left. Rich suggested we might get into TJs - Leamingtons finest Bistro and Bar - still wearing our hats and now deffo feeling the effects of basically 48 hours constant boozing. John and Debbie where at the IBM Ball in Birmingham, so kept receiving text messages saying how I was probably their best neighbour and how I'm so nice blah blah. So we get into TJs - even tho its a private party - where Rich produces a black straw and bends it to look like a microphone - looking dapper - I decided I should follow his cool actions - after more beer, 80s music and looking like a pair of tits - we called it a day - still wearing microphone straws.

No comments: