Monday, December 20, 2004

Merry Weekend.

Well apart from the Chaos of pub mania ... which has turned out to be a whole year round activity. I have managed to sort out a hire car to newcastle. How the mighty has fallen, from Ka -> Rover 25 -> MG TF - how to class a hire car. Not trying to be a snob, but I like my comfort - doesnt matter if its my Ted Baker tshirts, my canal side flat, or comfy sports car - but its getting me from a to b - with a little more than I expected. Anyhoo, as of Wednesday lunch time, I will be hiring some dodgy Sinclair C5 or something. Going back to Newcastle is going to be a little strange, baring in mind I havent been there since April for friend Een's daughter Jess's chistening. I have the car til Wednesday lunch time, so I expect Monday/Tuesday return - depending on how stressed my family get me. Harsh I know - and its probably my fault because I dont visit as much as I should and could. I am looking forward to it .. mainly because its an excuse of getting out of the Leamington goldfish bowl, but also in the same nanosecond, very scared of whats going to be up there - my parents getting older, memories from yesteryear and the pull back to the geordie nation. I never thought I would want to go back, but experiences over the last 3 or 4 months are starting to suck me back. I've started to drift further than I expected too, getting stuck in that very very usual ruck - which can be good - dont get me wrong.
Anyhoo, I've managed to get into the Xmas spirit - mainly by buying Mincepies and wearing a Santa's hat - which I gave away in my festive mood - I've managed to get nearly all of my presents purchased - so I'm on course. I just know that come April/May I'll be humming Christmas Tunes at work - confusing people as I have already this year.
I have three christmas wishes for this year - one of which no one can provide - I'm sure, one I can provide to someone else, and one I wish could happen to a close friend - because "I like to see my friends happy"

No comments: