Saturday, December 18, 2004

mmm Christmas Punch (part 1)

Well, what can I say, xmas is all about friends, family and basically getting shit faced as much as you can, in a small space of time. So much as happened over the last couple of days, I've tried to document it in small, and semi-understandable chunks - so here we go with Thursday.
The Day : Thursday, The Place : Leamington, The time - Thursday and Friday.
It was the IBM xmas do for ebiz at Maccy's, although I wasnt invited out for the meal (damn you - and let me tell you!!) but Rich and Nomes kindly asked me to the after beer mele (oh, so true on so many levels), before we went off to the sales Xmas do for more of the same, but for me - some food as well. After spending an hour waiting around for Rich for finish his 702 desserts - I decided to to go to the Hogs Head (now called the old butchers - not frank) for a sly one. Of course, in true Headworth style, he calls up as I get myself a pint - so being across the road he decided to slip out for a sly one and join me. To which he suggested if I wanted to have a laugh, I should suggest to a fellow Geordie about taking out his 18 and 21 year old daughters. Up for a laugh, I decided this would be funny - however I dont think Rich found the funny side when fellow Geordie Steve G grabbed him around the throat asking why I'm sniffing around his daughters. Anyhoo, we went over to the party to meet everyone else - where I was greated by Rich's manager shouting - "you're not ebiz, get the fuck out of here" - being a quiet and shy lad - I decided to tell him to shut the fuck up and sit down, he was a shambles, mess and couldnt manage a xmas pudding - nevermind a Team. This piss take basically continued for about 20 mins, when the next thing I know - three people are running out of the party and one of the team leaders holding his head with blood pouring out. Not someone to miss out, myself and Rich went over and mocked a little and got given more drinks by people who I've done favours for over the last years.
We moved on to Baroque to the sales gig, was good - less people, more fancy dress. JT - was dressed as homer simpson. Anyhoo - half way through the procedings, one of the lads gets a text message saying theres been more trouble, the same guy who hit the team leader, tried to headbutt the team leaders mate, and failed - and the lad's gf got a smash pint glass and threatened him - it all kicked off and family unity decreased as the lads brother started to make his feelings know.
Anyhooo. After this - we all piled into Rio's - some had beer, some had water - some left early - some stayed until after kicking out time.

No comments: