Friday, October 29, 2004

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid and Steve

Lastnight was only intended as a quiet night out, a couple of drinks with people at a leaving do for a guy I know to say hello too. Anyhoo, it was supposed to be quiet - it wasnt - well it was, and wasnt. John and Debbie kindly invited me out for a couple of beers before we met up with the rest, was nice, had a good chat. We then managed to "hook up" (damn yanks) with the rest in cuba, at which point we were told that we were going to my local haunt (The Well). We get there, and I decided for the night, I would wear my nice new funky jumper (getting a little cold - keep the chill of my chest - AND - look fashionble. Turns out, this isnt enough for the gits of IBM and Leamington Spa, they need to rip the piss. Some gimp decided that tonight was his night to try to be funny, and make embarressing comments in front of friends. I just couldnt be arsed to bitch back, so left it. HINT : Comments like, "Noel Edmonds would love a jumper like that" and "Where is mr blobby, your friend?" dont improve my mood.

We turn up to the well and they have live (Stupid, Stupid, Stupid and Steve) music on, it was quite touching, although being punk/rock stuff, they had a minute silence for ace, but dead, John Peel. To get into this section of the pub, you had to pay £1.50 - although not having any change, it was decided by one of the guys on the door, I could go in for free - only if I complete one of his dares. Turns out, this dare is to have a rubber stamp covered in ink, imprinted on my forehead. All good and well, perfect CSI, until I remembered a) Ink dries pretty quickly b) I had to be at work for meetings and c) getting as near to blind drunk doesnt help you remember its on your forehead.

Other fantastic parts of the night;
  • Rich telling the lovely Helen that he beat me in a pool game, winning 70 quid from me
  • Rich telling the lovely Helen that he was a regional pool champion (of Headworthshire)
  • Rich telling the lovely Helen the Kebabital story - very very incorrectly
  • Steve and Rich getting the fuzzy face gimp ID'd - just coz he was tapping off with the lovely Helen
  • Winding up Vicky up about Jesus and God (being dead) and nearly making her cry (due to her laughing)

No comments: