Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Rooney, sit down you fat waster.

In the magical mystical world of Wharton, it doesnt rain ... it pours. I've had a couple of days off from work and, well, it hasnt been to relaxing, hasnt been to stressful. I could have slept more, I could have done more exercise. I got to work relaxed, done some nice fixing things, which makes me smile, then fixed myself ready for football. (As per Mike's blog entry about nurses - this is certainly true, and she wasnt in any kind of uniform. Maybe I needed a little more beer from the night before. Anyhoo, she suggested I used some bandage around my foot to protect my foot.) Turned up at the pitch and the wind was whipping up slighly, and wasnt too much of a motivator running around in that. Anyhoo, turns out I had a complete blinder, our team (which was full of, well not very pacey players) appeared to gel together pretty well compared to the other team (which was full of pacy players). Not sure if the bandage give my foot and leg (and mind) more energy and pace, but had enough energy that I managed to score 4! Fantastic!!

No comments: