Saturday, November 11, 2006

Toot Toot!!!

I've never really been massively interested in computer games. Yeah, I buy them, yeah I play them, and then they get added to that pile of games on the shelf. Rich maybe many things, but has got very good taste in strategy games and after getting my ass thrashed at Civ4 on his recommendation, he suggested a purchase of Sid Meier's Railroads. I did buy this, mainly because of reviews of real time multiplayer network games and also getting my brain working.

Idea is that you manage a train company, you link towns and cities together, and move items between these based on demands and production. The bigger the spread, the more difficult it gets to manage, and the more you have to ensure that trains arnt stuck at stations or idle on the track. Time costs money, n' all that jive. There are a number of objectives you also have to meet within a specific time scale, and you can make more money by buying the industries you're supplying.



No comments: