Thursday, November 11, 2004

5 portions of fruit and veg a day ? no just the Big Apple please

After a bad week at work and, well basically some twoc'ing bastard stealing my car, I decided to do something good to cheer myself up. I'd just had word from work that I could arrange my travel for the disaster recovery test in Washington DC in Jan. However, things are never really really that simple. The idea is that;
  • After the DR test - myself and Mr Chester (and his wife) will travel from DC to NY
  • Captain Rich will fly from UK to NY and meet me
  • Spend a couple of days faffing around with yanks
  • Fly back to UK

All sounds simple ... NO ... you wouldnt believe the shambles I had to deal with to coordinate flights etc. Anyhow ... after the captain was stuttering and pondering around over should he or shouldnt press the "confirm" button for the tickets. Needless to say, its all sorted - ish - with the added complexity of;

  • Steve flys back to Heathrow
  • Rich flys back to Birmingham via Dublin
  • Both flights land within 30 mins of each other at different airports
  • Rich still wants to go see the mighty Chesterfield 6 hours after jetting around the world.

Needless to say, Steve & Rich in leamington is just about bareable, Steve and Rich in New York, with loads of americas to take the piss out of .... ooh, so many people, so little time!


No comments: