Saturday, February 26, 2005

A week : Broken down for your help

After an interesting weekend of doom, gloom, fun and excitement of putting Chelsea out of the FA Cup, the week took many zigzag trails - believe me it did. Basically Saturday was a typical Saturday where me and Captain Rich spent most of our time in the boozer - with what could have been an interesting story, but I really cant rememeber. Sunday was a little blah, I had a text from an old friend who we've had an on/off fling for a couple of years (so im told) who was having troubles with a bf. So uncle Steve was there on site, having his sunday lunch and being understanding (if not hungover from the night before) - who then asked me out for a drink for as possible relationship kind of style. I've always been a little shit at this kind of gubbins, but thought, give it a go, you dont know what might come out of it - you never know - I guess, "you have to go there, to come back".
Monday was a strange one, not only did I have to be in the office (which I've been avoiding due to a slur on myself and a complaint being lodged to my manager) I was also having to travel down to London Village for a customer disaster recovery test. I've been to that site a couple of times, and there are a couple of receptionists on the front desk, one of which is quiet but very attractive. Anyone knowing me, I dont approach women, not my style, so struggled to work out how to talk to her. Anyhoo, we retired to the hotel (myself and Mr C) for some bevs and chinwagging. Now, Mr C and myself didnt really get along about 3 years ago, for alot of peripheral reasons, but I do have alot of respect for him, and a hell of alot of time too. So after being in the States with him - it was good to relax on home turf with him.
Tuesday kicked off the DR test, which was pretty good and we managed to get our system back in 4 hours - which baring in mind we were building from scratch, is pretty good going. After faffing around, we retired to the bar/hotel (still not talking to the receptionist, Sophie) where we had food as a group, watched a bit of football, and drank more. The numbers reduced and ended up talking to one of the lovely barmaids before tracking back to bed. Anyone reading this (aka Rich) might think I do this often, but I dont, truely dont - so much to the fact that I would blush so much - people would laugh - how crap is that ?!?!?
Wednesday was a real scream, so much that there was so much banter in the group, and eventually I got to speak to Sophie. I truely admit that she is one of these girls, you would give all your limbs - and more - just to be with. She is French but picking up the language, she is pretty quiet and timid - but very nice with it too (although she didnt know what a Geordie was - she now knows). So, desperately trying to ask her out for a couple of drinks, she invites me out with her and her friends for a "couple" of drinks - to which I found them already supping 2 bottles of red wine - when I turned up 30 mins late. The night went on, and it was really grand, and this is where Stefan's luck really does take the biscuit - I basically got a new Nokia phone a couple of weeks ago, and caller display hasnt been working. So I give Sophie my number previous to going out (incase the moved on or went home - honest ). After going for some food, I drop Sophie off at the tube station and walk to the hotel about 10 mins walk away. By the time I get to the hotel (being boozed up) I had a missed call 5 mins after I dropped her off. Looking vr smilie, I remembered caller display wasnt working - so if it was her, I have know way of knowing her number ( "no number" ), no do I have her number to contact her - so for all she knows - i'm not interested and dissed her. REALLY - someone like that, and I'm screwed over by technology - DAMN YOU TECHNOLOGY.
So Thursday, she phones up sick - boo!!! - and myself and Mr C previously arranged to book out of the hotel a day earlier, unless anything came up - either technically, or Sophie wise. Sadly, the latter was looking bad - so agreed with Mr C that we would go home (driving thru snow and rain). Sadly being disturbed by people from work - no matter - watched Newcastle beat some Dutch team 2-1 - yay!
Friday was working from home day, and catching up - to be interupted by shattering of glass next door. Basically John and Debbie had their conservatory double glazing knocked down to single glazing by some fuckers chucking a rock / duck / item at their windows. Friday afternoon, I heard the 2nd glazing go - so spoke to Debbie next door, and said I was gonna wander down the Canal. Needless to say, cold outside, central heating inside - so I was in england shirt, shorts, and nothing else - so a quick change into jeans and a jog along the canal. At this point, it was snowing and I was loosing control of any body functions that werent moving at the time. So called Debbie to let them know where the chavs were, which is now heading towards 2 miles away from home in the freezing cold. Only to be told that the police may do something about it and may send a patrol car to sort them out. Meanwhile, I'm watching Chavs throwing more stones at people's windows - how bad is that ?!?! Not only are the police taking photos of people doing 34 mph in a "20" zone, but they refuse to act on criminal damage while someone else is doing their job.
After walking/running/stealthing towards bridge 36 on the grand union canal, I thought it was probably best talking back - as I had a conference call at some point during the day and technically the chavs had entered an estate I really didnt want to go into incase I got lost and/or murdered in. Kindly John and Debbie invited me out for a curry, wine, wine and more wine - where I got shit faced and lost the ability to speak and even tho I was chatting to a lovely looking lass, I couldnt be understood.
So, thats the week in full - tomorrow - the weekend described in even more detail - every pint, every conversation.

No comments: