Tuesday, December 28, 2004

BYE THEN, XMAS!!!

Xmas is a time to be with those you care about, and I done just that. After work and a good game of football on Wednesday night, I drove straight up North in the top quality 110 quid for 7 days hire car. Managed to get to my mothers around 10:30 so, not a bad journey really. However (and this isnt slating my mother off) but she has the smallest, coldest spare room in the world, with the smallest, coldest single bed in the universe. Needless to say, with the M1 still going through my head I didnt get to sleep til around 3am. Bless my mother, she put a hot water bottle in my bed to take the chill out of the bed. A couple of things you may or may not want to know, but as I fall asleep, I somehow become the hottest material in the solar system - this is great when its cold - not what you had a hotwater bottle in the bed.
As I was working from the Newcastle office, I had to be up at some unearthly hour of 7.30am - Within seconds of being the hottest object, I went to the coldest as soon as I managed to crawl out of bed. Knowing my mum had a shower, I attempted to warm myself up - although she has one of them showers, you know, one twist to the left, the water is minus 802 degrees, one twist to the right, you loose your skin - never a happy medium. Between here and Xmas Day, I visited Philippa, a close friend that I've been in touch with since school. We had a laugh, I had a can of carling and got sent on my way.
Xmas day was cool (in more ways than one) - had a nice sleep in - well, I managed to staple myself to the bed so I wouldnt fall out. Opened nice presents from my mum - then got showered (at this point I dont have any skin left) and we went over to my sisters (Gillian) who was cooking Xmas Lunch for us all - she was looking a little green around the cheeks, so said I would help her out, where she left to go upstairs. Already stinking of garlic from her Kebab from the infamous Xmas Eve Beer Session - she came back looking a little rough and admitting that she had just chucked her guts - at which point I took control of the dinner - incase she collapsed in the turkey - to which point my Dad turned up. Lunch was nice, even tho I may say so myself - and we had a laugh, they all drank in front of me (sure they were trying to rub it in) - also got a suprise call from the lovely Jess to wish me a Merry Xmas too - purr.
Boxing day was chilled (in more ways than one) - and managed to find Ikea open - so done some shopping there before going back to Winlaton to take some photos of the pubs. After my hands going blue, I went to visit another close friend from school, Een. It was their baby girl's birthday (little Jess - not sexy stoodent - that would just be wrong) 1st birthday last month, so felt guilty and only met her once. She is the sweetest thing in the world - very intellgent already - and got me thinking about having a kid (although, technically I have to find someone to have a baby with). Een and myself made plans for a drunken night up in Winlaton, while having extra large buttons forced into my arm and kids juice poured all over my jeans.
So it was set, I was going to stay at my sisters for the night, go out drinking with Een and Harry (Een's Dad). Winlaton is like the wild west of old - you cannot predict what will happen - ever. Its a constant source of amusement for those who know where to stand and who to watch, the girls are lovely looking, yet knobbing complete Chavs, Crimmies and those with half a brain cell - hence me and Een never pulling in Winlaton. We chatted, chilled out and eventually got drunk - so after last orders, myself and Een decided that chips and gravy would be ideal to close the night. I promised I would take my sister a kebab back (at this point she was at a house party down her road). I managed to stagger back to my sisters street (through one of the dodgiest estates) and had a couple of bottles at this house party - which was nice - traditional geordie welcoming - well apart from who's house it was. After chips, I fell into a Carling/Stella/Fosters Coma until the next morning.
Said my good byes to my sister and my mum - packed the car, drove down and arrived 6 hours later - lovely - no food, no beer, no women at my place. Managed to resolve 2 out of the 3 by going to costcutters for Stella, and Mamma's Pizza for Pizza. Watched Lara Croft - which is probably the worst film I've ever seen - then watched Star Wars Ep 4 - had another suprise call from the lovely Jess. Collapsed into another Stella Coma - woke up Tuesday - went shopping - the end.

No comments: